Friday, February 8, 2008

Super Bowl the Aftermath

Well where shall I start, hmmm let's start from Friday, February 1. I took a half day off work Friday to run some of the errands. I started off at Cost Plus World Market to pick-up the gnocchi ($12) then I was off to Costco for some other items($75). Deidra, Carl (a recruit) and myself headed over to the Signature Kroger Friday evening. With the typed list in hand we were able to weave our way in and out of the aisles in about an hours time. Not to bad given the size of the list. Total Kroger cost was $335.00. OUCH! Decided we need to drown sticker shock with lots of vino so we headed over to Fred's Italian Corner afterwards (http://www.eatatfreds.com/).

Started Saturday morning off by cleaning the house to make it presentable for the party. I even put the decorations up and set the table. I labeled all the serving dishes so that I knew what went where and what I had left to make. After this I went to the French Gourmet Bakery to pick up 4 dozen assorted cookies. No one makes better cookies and I was hoping to shave some time by purchasing a few tid bits. Bill was $40 and yes the cookies are worth that. Deidra had a brillant idea to swing by 11th Street Cafe to buy some pizza dough from them for the pizza bites. I believe she said her cost was $20.

Sunday rolled around and ran around like a chicken with my head chopped off. I am always stressed until the last dish is made and I have a drink in my hand. The guests started to arrive around 4:00 and then we were off and rolling with the beer and drinks flowing. It was a great game but needless to say I didn't watch to much. I believe the total number of guests was about 40. This cause some problems with acoustics and seating. maybe next year the crowd should be contained to 20. Who knows.

I do think everyone had a good time. Overall the first food item to go was the shrimp and then the pizza bites. I would say the most unsuccessful items were the cheese tray and the gnocchi. Below are some pictures of the food spead. Maybe some of the guests that read this blog can comment on what they thought.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought it was a great party! I enjoyed the shrimp and the famous 7 layer dip the most! :)