Friday, February 8, 2008

Flying Solo - Party Planning Number 2



















As previously mentioned the next party I am planning is a Welcome Home party for friends Miriam and Tom. They are moving back to Houston after living abroad for several years. I sent the evite out about two weeks ago and the current head count is 12. The event is being held on Saturday, February 16 at 5:00pm. It's a little early to accommodate the couples with children and the parents of the guests of honor.

So far I have been working at planning a menu. It needds to be vegetarian friendly since the guests of honor and several of the attendees are also vegetarian. Here is what I have thought of so far:


Eggplant Stacks
Spinach Dip
Parmesan Twists
Baked Brie
Smoked Salmon
Crab Cakes
roasted Veggies
Stuffed Mushrooms
Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce

I am positive the menu will change since I am still in the research stage. Sice this is more of a small gathering I will probably just decorate with tea lights and other candles. Maybe some photos of their travels.

As far as drinks I will do an assortment of wines and champagnes. This is more of a wine and cheese with hors d’oeuvres. I will keep you posted as to my progress.

Cheers!

PS - I am also in the works planning a Bridal Shower for Elizabeth who is having a destination wedding. Lots to celebrate in 2008!

No comments: