Friday, October 2, 2009

Crazy Themed Events and More!

Wow how pathetic am I? It's been all summer since I last posted. That's what happens when all of a sudden you are actually required to work for your paycheck. Let's see how do I pick up after my last post. Let's start with Cion.

Cion is still at Tracy Scott Salon and busy as ever. It's the start of his busy season which should make him very happy. He is also fast approaching his birthday on October 27. So if you are reading this and know my favorite person text him and send him good vibes for his upcoming day. Oh and he hasn't been cooking much just pouring concrete and of course drinking with me. Don't ask.

Here is a rundown of upcoming events I am hosting:

October 3 - Wedding Shower for Carl and Damian, Fall Themed
Menu: Sandwich Wraps, Spinach Dip served with crackers, Veggie Tray and Mini Quiche

October 17 - Monthly Supper Club Mediterranean Theme
I have appetizers so will probably do a hummus dip spread and cucumbers served with a mint yogurt and topped with a grilled shrimp

October 24 - Halloween Couples Baby Shower
Menu: Tea Sandwiches and a bunch of Halloween inspired finger foods

Secret Surprise Dinner Party for 14 people (still trying to play with menu, more on that later)
Ugh what do you cook for 14 people when it is teh same day as your puppies Halloween party?

November 14 - Renaissance Festival Camp Out for 30+
Old standy Burgers and Hotdogs

Turkey Day - 18 people
Brined Citrus Turkey with a champagne gravy, buttermilk mashed potatoes, slow cooked green beans, Cion's special recipe dressing, cranberries, brussel sprout coleslaw, deviled eggs, relish tray, pies, pies and more pies.

Tonight well I am craving a Filet. Wish we had a Sprouts here in Houston but unfortunately we do not so I will settle for Central Market. Maybe Dave will read this and also pick up a bottle of Joseph Phelps. I would but my local Specs closed down thanks to our wonderful City.

Cheers!

No comments: