Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back from Destin

I am officially back from vacation. Cion, Randy, Dave and I drove to Destin, FL with 3 dogs in a pathfinder. I have to say it was tight but comfortable. Both Cion and I packed too much but I think he wins with a whole duffel bag of shoes for the beach. Seriously the bag was 3 ft long full of shoes. Me, well I packed 6 pairs of flip flops. Mind you flip flops do not take up a whole duffel bag. Anyways, as a result we had bags on the roof of the car and in the back. The dogs were forced to sleep on the bags for a 10 hour drive. Poor things. People do NOT call PETA, they were fine.

Destin reminded me so much of Mexico. White sand beaches and clear, I mean crystal clear water. It was incredible. I was so impressed if I won the lotto I would buy a house down there. Only negative thing, okay 2 negatives, were you can't take dogs on the beach and it was very family friendly. Lots and lots of kids. You know I am allergic to them, right? Well I survived thanks to my alcohol supply.

Speaking of....funny story. It was Sunday and we were passing through Louisiana on way to Florida. I realized that you can buy liquor in LA anytime, day and even in gas stations. Well we crossed into Mississippi and I made Dave turn the car around and go back to LA so I could stock up. We stopped at the first grocery store and spent $200 for 4 days. Yes I know excessive but we drank every drop.

We spent 4 whole days laying by the beach, watching the waves and of course cooking. We made so much food I gained 5lbs on this trip. If I were to gain a trip on how much weight I gained this would probably be my most successful. Now vacation is officially over and I am back at work and my pants are to tight. Oh well at least I have wonderful memories.

1 comment:

Donald said...

glad to hear that the trip was a good and fun one. :)

do we get to see photos soon?

oooh, the liquor store. alright...can *vaguely* understand not selling hard liquor on sundays (not really, but will cede the point).

But what the hell is the point of not selling beer or wine until noon???? either don't sell it or sell it...don't make me wait until noon...especially since my sunday grocery trips are around 9-11a!!

louisiana's doing some things right ;)