Monday, October 5, 2009

Is RSVP even understood anymore?

I just don't understand how you can send out almost 60 invitations and barely get back 15 RSVP's. What is wrong with people. How hard is it to pick up the phone or email and say I am sorry I can't make it or Yes I will be there? Nothing irritates me more. It's rude. Are you waiting for another offer to come in that is better than the invitation you just opened? Unbelievable.

Needless to say the RSVP count at the wedding shower was an embarrassment. Not only for me but I am sure it made the guests of honor sad. So today I went to the post office and mailed out 26 invites for a baby shower I am hosting at the end of the month. Let's see how many people RSVP out of this group. If I get less than 15% I am calling Miss Manners.

1 comment:

Donald said...

Exactly - people do not understand the importance of RSVP any more.

That's why at Jimmy's birthday, the evite had "RSVP by such and such date and such and such time, or don't expect us to hold a seat for you"