Wednesday, July 2, 2008

4th of July Holiday

So for the 4th of July Cion, James and I will be gathering to let Tashi have a playdate with Reilly and Zachary. We will be grilling hamburgers and bratwurst served with Cion's famous salsa and quacamole. I will be making a cucumber tomato salad and a blueberry cheesecake.

The cucumber tomato salad recipe I got years ago and have made on numerous occasions. The ingredients are cucumber, tomato, red onion, mint, olive oil, white vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar. Once I get home I will post the recipe for everyone. It's always a light, refreshing side and a great accompaniment to burgers, fish and even chicken dishes.

The blueberry cheesecake recipe is a new recipe I am trying from Tyler Florence. Usually his recipes are a great success and if it goes well I will repost it. Based on the reviews it needs some cooking adjustment and a little bit of tweaking.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July holiday.

No comments: