Monday, July 28, 2008

Launch Party Update

I have to admit that I am currently breathing into a brown paper bag. Long deep breaths praying that this Xanax starts working. My frazzeled self is imagining standing over the edge of the Grand Canyon looking down going "who needs a parachute I can fly by flapping my arms". Translation - I never think logically before I leap. EVER!

Guest count is now 60+, my yard is a big pile of dirt right now, I am getting a new garage floor installed Wed and Thurs and I haven't even remotely got everything ready for the party. I feel like the guy on the Next Food Network Star that always over extended himself. I mean who schedules a complete overhaul of their garage and frontyard the week of a major party? Oh and I forgot one more idiotic thing... we have our first dog obedience lesson on Saturday morning of the party. IDIOT!

Payday is Friday which means on Friday I will be doing the Costco, Kroger run then come home and decorate and knock out as much food preparation as I possibly can. Cion is doing the Central Market run and Dave is going to Home Depot to get us patio furniture. We will also need to reload the fridge back in to the garage on Friday. All of this AFTER working an 8 hour day.

Saturday's schedule looks even worse. Wake up, take Xanax, take dog to obedience training at 10:00am, go to bakery, Nudini, shower, clean, cook for 60+ people, pray the house doesn't over heat, freshen up, pop another Xanax, greet guests and pray for a miracle.

Wish us luck... we need it!

No comments: