Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Party Central

Wow this month and May is jam packed with party's. I feel like I need a hotline, "Hello this is Party Central, how may I help you?" So here is the latest lowdown on all the upcoming events:

Saturday, April 19 - Donald and Jimmy's Housewarming
This event is a bit easier for me since I am only responsible for a cheese dip and cookies. I am going to make my layered goat cheese spread. Recipe is below for those interested.

Goat Cheese Spread - Southern Living, 2002
Ingredients
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
8 ounces goat cheese
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup basil pesto
1/2 cup dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
Garnishes: dried tomato slivers, fresh oregano sprigs
French bread slices or crackers

Preparation
Process first 5 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Spread one-third of cheese mixture in bottom of a plastic wrap-lined 8- x 4-inch loafpan. Top with pesto; spread one-third cheese mixture over pesto. Sprinkle with dried tomatoes; top with remaining cheese mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Invert spread onto a serving plate, discarding plastic wrap. Garnish, if desired. Serve with French bread slices or crackers.

Saturday, April 26 - Crawfish Boil
We have located two pots to boil the mudbugs in and we are on the hunt for tables right now. I need to send a notice out that people need to bring lawn chairs. Deidra and I will probably do the grocery shopping on Friday. As far as the bugs I am still researching if we should get them on Saturday morning or Friday.

Menu:
Pasta Salad
Potato Salad
Chips and Dip
Vegetarian Friendly - Red Beans and Rice
Sausage, Corn, Potato, Crawfish Boil
Shrimp??
Breann's Sheet Cake
Christine is also bringing a dessert

Saturday, May 3 - Tom & Miriam Housewarming, Tom Birthday, Cinco de Mayo
Miriam and I met last night to discuss menu and decorations. Here is what we came up with for this tri-celebration:

Menu:
Veggie Skewers
Beef & Chicken Fajitas - Dave and I will handle purchasing the meat and grilling
Grilled Portabella Mushrooms
Roasted Corn
Spanish Rice - I am going to see if I can purchase from El Tiempo
Quacamole
Queso
7 Layer Dip - I will make this
Homemade Green and Red Salsa - I will make this
Birthday Cake

Decorations:
Chilli Pepper Lights - I have these
Mini Sombrero Hats - I need to look for these
Paper Flowers
Pinata

Sunday, May 18 - Elizabeth's Disco Brunch Bridal Shower
Menu:
Bacon Quiche
Quiche Lorraine
BBQ'd Shrimp
Beef, Chicken, Cheese, Spinach Quesadillas
Artichoke Spinach Dip
Fruit Tray
Chips and Salsa
Cake - Kim has ordered

After all of these events I will be flying out for a much needed Mexican Vacation in Cabo. Till then Cheers!

No comments: