Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beginning the Crawfish Countdown


Perhaps in a different life, many moons ago I wronged a weather man. It never fails that when I attempt to do something outside it seems that the weather turns against me. We have had countless beautiful weekends the past 2 months so it never seems to amaze me that on the Crawfish Boil weekend we are getting a "cool" front. We started the week at a 20% chance of rain on Saturday but now depending on what source you look at, the chances are between the range of 30-50% now.


News flash you crazy weather man, our crawfish boil will go on. Dave located a source for the mudbugs. He contacted a guy named Homer who is going to meet us at the Hideaway on Dunvale Saturday 10am with 3 30lb sacks. That's 90lbs of mudbugs, unpurged. I have been reading on the internet how to purge them and all sources indicate to just run them through water until the water is clean.

Several great friends have stepped up to the plate being that this is my first boil. Miriam loaned me a second crock pot and Bonnie was kind enough to loan me a massive 90 quart cooler to store some of the critters in and Adrianne and Jennie are stepping up to help me cook the critters. Dave is off to Academy tonight to buy a 80quart pot and burner so that we can cook a sack at a time.

Currently we have a total of 40 RSVP's but I know of 8 that have not RSVP'd that are coming. ...By the way people how hard is it to respond to an evite? You are either a yes or a no. Just click the button..... Oops I digress.

Deidra has located several card tables and I have been stock piling newspapers. So I think we are all ready to go. Here is the breakdown and lists for the next several days as we countdown to the hoedown.


Thursday Night:
Costco:
Box of Fresh Garlic
2 Containers Lime Juice
Box of cubed butter
2 packages of italian seasoning
paper towels
Kroger trip 1: (this is a trip so that Dave can have his ingredients to make red beans Friday night)
Roses Red Beans - 2 packages
garlic
green bell pepper - 2
celery
onion - 2
Friday Night:
Kroger:
rice
onion - crawfish boil
tricolor pasta - 4 bags
cherry tomatoes
red onion
mushrooms
sausage
corn - frozen ears
red potatoes
stuff for potato salad
plastic bowls
silverware
plates
Chips and Dip
Crab Boil Liquid - 2

No comments: