Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Supper Club

Since I don't have enough to do Dave and we joined a Supper Club. It's a group of 10 people that meet once a month and do a themed dinner. The idea is that each "couple" contribute an item. For example The host will supply the entree, one person brings an appetizer, one a dessert and 2 bring sides. Our very first meeting will be this Saturday and of course I am hosting the first.

Our theme this time is american comfort food. The main course will be meatloaf which I like to make quite often. I am not sure what the other items will be but I am excited to find out. I even made little place cards since the group is not familiar with each other.

I will report back on Sunday and let you all know how it went.

PS - made homemade sloppy joes last night. I have decided not to do the canned manwich crap anymore.

Here's recipe:
1 tbl vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt & pepper
2lbs ground sirloin
8 oz. tomato sauce
3 tbl tomato paste
1 cup bbq sauce
1 tbl worcheshire
1 tsp hot sauce

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet with sides. Cook peppers and garlic till softened, about 3 min. Season with salt & pepper. Add ground beef and cook till meat is no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients and cook till sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns and top with monterrey jack cheese.

No comments: