Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

It's that time of year when football comes to a close. This means its time for a big blow out Super Bowl party. Last year I hosted and the crowd was quite large. Dave insisted it was to large and we were to loud. Is that even possible for a party? Whatever. Yes I drank to much and got excited and Adrianne had a screaming match with drunk lesbians but still, come on. Oh wait I digress. Anyways, I promised Dave I wouldn't throw a party and instead we will be joining friends at their house. I will be making my famous seven layer dip. In honor of the Super Bowl I thought I would include a Sliders recipe I found in a Martha Stewart magazine.

Here you go:

Sliders
Makes 20 small burgers; Serves 8

3 ounces (6 tbl) unsalted butter, softened
2 to 3 shallots, minced
2 tbl water
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 pounds ground sirloin
20 round pickle slices
20 slices (2-inch square) white cheese, any type
20 soft dinner rolls
20 small lettuce leaves, any type for serving
3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced for serving

1. Melt 4 tbl butter in a small pan. Add shallots, cook until softened, about 1.5 minutes. Stir in water and season with salt and pepper.
2. Form 20 patties using 2 tbl ground sirloin for each. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and coat patties with remaining 2 tbl butter. Press a pickle slice into each patty (refrigerate for up to 2 hours).
3. Preheat broiler. Season patties with salt and pepper. Broil for 4-5 minutes. Top burgers with cheese during final 30 seconds.
4. Spread shallot butter on bottom half of each roll, then top with 1 burger. Sandwich with top half of roll, and serve with lettuce tomatoes, ketchup, mayo and mustard.

Cheers.... off to meet Cion and drink champagne.

No comments: